Getting ration Card
Tatkal Ration Card
For convenience of the public and to streamline the procedure of issuing ration cards the Govt. of NCT of Delhi has decided to start Tatkal Ration Card Scheme under which the ration card will be issued within two days of filing the application form on payment of prescribed processing fee. Following instructions are issued in this regard:-
1. Under this scheme, only Permanent Ration Cards (PRCs) under 'Above Poverty Line' category can be issued. JRCs or Antyodaya/BPL cards shall not be issued under this scheme.
2. The scheme is not applicable in respect of foreign nationals.
3. The application forms are available in all circle offices, AC offices, Headquarter and on the website of the department.
4. Applications can be deposited in the office of the concerned zonal Assistant Commissioner and the ration card may be obtained from the same place within two working days during office hours.
5. The counter clerk shall note on the counterfoil of application, the date and time when the applicant should come to collect the ration card.
6. The applications should be accompanied by one of the following documents:- Rent receipt, Electricity/Water/Telephone Bill, House Tax receipts, Registration Deed, Power of Attorney, Gas connection Receipt, Receipt Allotment Letter from the competent authority, NOC from the landlord.
7. The application should also be accompanied by following documents:-
8. Addition and Deletion in the old card and issuance of duplicate card will also be covered by Tatkal Service. However there will be no processing fee for deletion in the card.
For obtaining services under Tatkal Service, the applicant will have to deposit Rs. 100/- as processing fee and obtain receipt from the office.